Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Wednesday - Math Lesson

Today in math we studied rates. We learned that a rate compares two quantities that have different measurements. We also learned how to find unit rates by dividing the numerator and denominator by the denominator. Parents can help students understand the concept of unit rate by taking them grocery shopping and talking about the prices and determining which size of a product is the better buy. I told students to look at the shelf labels to find the unit rate.

Tonight's math homework is pp. 294-295, #10-18 even, 20-23, 28, 28, 30-35, 38, 40
You may use a calculator!

4 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Brandon P. said...

This homework is very easy if you pay attention in class. I want to give a special thanks to my math teacher Mrs.Simpson.

 
At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mrs. Simpson!! you forgot to post pre algebra homework today...=P i forgot it so, if you can please post it

 
At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi this is Honzincoch from Krebet Cherskogo Russia. I saw this from a mans blog in Canada. I know English from my family in Minnisota. They said the wether here was to cold to bear and he moved to a place that is not so different so I visit them every now and then but they never visit me. Anyways I wrote to you saying I love what you are doing in this math class. It is easy to find homwork and Brent sounds like a kid who likes your class any ways please right back please. By.

youer Freind,
Honzincoch M.

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Mrs Simpson said...

Honzincoch,

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I'm glad you like it! Tell your family to come to Alabama. The weather is great here.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home