Monday, May 01, 2006

I'm on a Roll!

Can you believe that it is the last month of school? I am slowly catching up with grading. I have graded all but one class, and I will get it done tonight! I am also up-to-date with putting grades in the computer in 3 classes, and I plan to be caught up with those by the end of the day tomorrow. I have even managed to blog several days in a row, so things are looking up! Here's what we did today:

Math: I notified students of all work missing since progress reports. They were given the page and problem numbers, and I will accept it through the end of this week. There was one set of worksheets (Wump Hats) that some may need to get from me.

The Stretching and Shrinking test turned out to be better than I expected! The percents test wasn't too bad, but there were some people that were really confused about interest. I am going to give them another chance to answer those test questions tomorrow because I was out the day they took the test. I will go over how to work the problems at the beginning of class tomorrow.

We are working on patterns and solving equations this week. We went to the computer lab today and practiced recognizing patterns on graphs. We did not have any homework tonight.

Pre-Algebra: We are finishing up Chapter 8 this week. We worked on Line of Best Fit Today. The assignment is pp. 411-413, #7-17, 20-28. There will be a test over 8.4, 8.6, 8.7, and 8.8 on Wednesday.

Here is some helpful information about finding the line of best fit:

Lesson with illustrations on Line of Best Fit.

Online simulation using a Gizmo.

This Linear Regression Applet sounds confusing, but it is really neat. You can place up to 50 points on the graph by clicking the mouse. Then you can drag the white rectangle in the middle of the screen to move the red line of best fit. The thermometer will show how much error is in your line. When you are done, click on "Show Best Fit" to see how close you were.

This activity from Illuminations allows the user to enter a set of data, plot the data on a coordinate grid, and determine the equation for a line of best fit. This would be a great way to check some of your homework questions!

Let me know if you found any of these to be helpful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home