Thursday, May 04, 2006

I'm so glad it didn't snow this winter!

I am looking forward to our long weekend. I am going to be grading papers and cleaning my house. It's not very exciting, but it's great to have time to do it!

I am making a slight change in my homework policy. Many students are procrastinating about getting their homework done, and I am spending LOTS of time telling students what work they are missing. And then I am spending LOTS more time grading late work. This hurts the students as well because they are not doing the work in a timely manner. There are also many students who never make the work up because they procrastinate too long. I gave everyone who was present today the work they are missing. Monday is the last day to turn this in, and from this point forward I will NOT take any late work unless I have a note from a parent. This has been my policy for years. I tried something different this year, and it didn't work like I hoped it would.

Math: Test today over Equations
Extra Credit: p. 195, #1-20

Pre-Algebra: p. 445, #14-56 even

1 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey mrs simpson ! i am really getting this graphing stuff ! ur a great teacher and hopefully i will see ya next year in 8th grade !

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home