Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Six More Days

Everything is winding down. I am frantically trying to get kids to make up tests. I believe that I am more worried about it than they are. That doesn't really make sense to me, but that's the way it is with 7th graders! Students worked in class today, and they may not have work to bring home.

Math: We worked out of the Data Around Us book to find out how much is a million. Students calculated how long it would take their heart to beat 1,000,000 times and how old in years would someone be if they were 1,000,000 hours old. This gave them practice in converting measurements. They cannot bring these books home, so there was no homework.

Pre-Algebra: We looked at volume of prisms and cylinders today. The formula is "area of the base times height." The assignment is pp. 566-567, #12-22 even, 31-36. They were given time in class to work on this, and several were able to finish in class.

4 Comments:

At 9:20 PM, Blogger Michaels Blog said...

Mrs. Simpson,
I was really sry to bother u at ur house, and I thank u for trying to help me. Well, I got together at least five assignments that I had to do and im kinda proud of that, and I guess having a nasal infection isnt so bad if u can get alot done. Also, I had some work that was to be turned in that was dealing with slopes. I was kind-of lost but I traced the archives of ur blog and it helped me trememendously! Especially the diagram and links on slopes. I finished that and and also i did that extra credit on Pathagorus. If its too late, that would be fine also because it was fun learning about him. Well i guess ill ttyl (talk to u later) (at school) of course hopefully not on ur house phone much more. Haha!!! Well have a nice night!!
-Michael

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Michaels Blog said...

Hey mrs Simpson well i still have a very bad cold. If its not any trouble for u can u please comment me on my blog and tell me what homework we had today./ Im sry i wasnt there today but i my mom said i dont need to get anybody else sick well have a nice afternoon. Bye!
☻Michael☻

 
At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MiSS SiMPS0N i MiSZ Y0UH S0 MUCH Y0U WERE THE BESTEREST TEACHER EVERY ... i l0VE Y0UH BUNCHES Y0UH WiLL NEVER HAVE A ClASS liKE THE ClASS 0F 2011 WEll HAVE A G00D SCH00l YEAR WiTH0UT ME. l0VE Y0UR FAV0RiTE STUDENT. CASEY MCD0NAlD=))

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Dalton said...

hey i'm in 6th grade doing 7th grade math and i'm trying to figure out data around us...it's kinda hard...i'm still trying to finish "How many is a Million" and "Compairing Large Numbers"

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home